Since 1993, The Chwat Group has represented many clients in successfully impacting Congressional legislation on DoD funding of programs, Research, Development, Testing and Engineering (RDT&E), DoD acquisition and procurement policies, duel use programs and changes to specification policies by the Directorate of National Intelligence (DNI).
A Strong Record of Success
- The Chwat Group secured tens of millions of dollars for many small corporations seeking to develop radar, and other programs in Defense-Wide R&D, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy and other defense agencies RDT&E accounts in the POM;
- The firm secured House and Senate Armed Services Committee support for multi-year, final NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act) and Defense Appropriations report language and line items in the bill for funding levels of programs and changes in DoD policies for their corporate clients;
- Influenced major changes to the non-appropriated fund instrumentalities (NAFIs) procurement policies through Congressional legislation, secured support of the House Armed Services Committee in proposed changes to Defense Acquisition Regulations (DARs);
- The Chwat Group has secured millions of dollars in Congressional support for its military museum and foundation clients, including the U.S. Army Command & General Staff College Foundation, National Infantry Foundation, Army Historical Foundation and others;
- The Firm maintains a series of key contacts with most of the Military Legislative Assistants and Defense Fellows in Congressional offices, as well as key staffs on the House and Senate Armed Services Committees. This extends to national security staffs in other Committees and in the Administration.
A Strong Record in Defense and National Security
John Chwat’s experience of over four decades in Government Relations includes working on classified and unclassified subjects in the National Defense and Foreign Affairs Division of the Congressional Research Service (CRS), serving as Chief of Staff to two House members, one on the Armed Services Committee and the other on the Defense Appropriations Subcommittee. Some of the range of clients his firm has supported include Lockheed Martin Corporation’s Moorestown, NJ Facility, Basic Industry and Commerce Corporation (BCI), Vanguard Co., Magnasphere Co., Nordyne Corp. and has contacts and experience working with veterans groups, such as the American Legion.