Lecture and Seminar Update Click HERE to view
A graduate of Georgetown University with a Master’s Degree in American Government and a Doctor of Jurisprudence from American University in Washington, D.C., John Chwat, President of Chwat & Company, has, since 1971, lectured and conducted seminars on the Lobbying Profession in America. He relays his experience to audiences on the Inner Workings of the United States Congress and How to Influence the Legislative Process at the federal, state, and local (municipal) levels of government.
Lecturing in the Nation’s Capital, Washington, DC
- American Society of Association Executives (ASAE)
Past Chairman, Government Relations “School,” Past Chairman, Advanced Institute of Government Relations, and moderator, panelist, and speaker before seminars for association executives and lobbyists. ASAE represents over 12,000 Trade & Professional Associations in the United States.
- The Lobbying Institute, Center of Public Affairs, American University
- Instructor, TheCapitol.Net
- The Bryce Harlow Foundation, at Georgetown University and other locations in Washington, D.C.
- Public Relations Society of America, National Capital Chapter
- Faculty Instructor, Visiting Lecturer
George Mason University, Georgetown University, University of Maryland, Northern Virginia Community College, Trinity College, The Washington Center for Interns.
Lecturing Throughout the United States
- Faculty, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Institute for Organization Management
- Guest Speaker before National and State Trade and Professional Associations Annual Conventions, Board of Director meetings, and Legislative Committee sessions.
- Faculty, Congressional Fellowship Program, Leaders Development Academy, Graduate School, USDA
Government and Academic Institutions within the following countries:
- People’s Republic of China
- United Kingdom
- Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- Kingdom of Cambodia